Fianna Fáil is committed to protecting and developing agriculture for the 140,000 farming families in Ireland as the main driver of the rural economy and custodian of the Irish countryside.
Our policy is built around the following core issues.
- Family farming should remain the mainstay of Irish farming
- Fair prices and increased farm profitability for the primary producer
- Supporting a fair and simpler CAP
- Balancing environmental responsibilities with food security
- Fair farm inspections and proportionate penalties